Sunday, March 24, 2013

Pasto Italian Cafe & Restaurant

For every romantic occasion, one needs an Italian cuisine.

It's not my first time in Pasto. Used to eat here way back when I was in high school and college with friends. It may seem to be one of the many Italian restaurants we are all familiar with; but let me share a moment I would not forget ever.

Last December 16, 2012, my baby and I celebrated our 13th monthsary in Eastwood. Pumunta kami dun not on a typical night. We decided to go there to have lunch and watch a movie. When we got there, we first bought tickets. I actually forgot what movie is it that we watched. Basta we watched. After that, we went looking for a place to eat. Since my baby is very particular when it comes to food, like what I said on my previous posts, I thought of letting her eat to something new (for her) and yet something she'll enjoy at the same time. As I said, I am kinda familiar with Pasto so we decided to feast there. At first she was a little hesitant 'coz she doesn't know what kind of food they serve there but I assured her she'll love it.

We went inside; and at that time there was only us and another couple eating. So kahit papaano we had that romantic feel for our monthsary lunch date 'coz it was quiet and the ambiance is nice too. Siyempre, hindi mawawala sa order ni JanJan ang chicken. So first to be served as an appetizer is... I'm so sorry but I actually forgot what it's called. 


Chicken Strips with Tartar Sauce (own description)

Second to be served:

Carbonara
Linguine with Smoked Bacon and Mushrooms in a Garlic Cream Sauce

I thought this would be somewhat like a typical carbonara for her since she's a lover of cream-based pastas. But no! Unang subo pa lang niya sa pasta sabi na niya "Ito na yung pinaka masarap na Carbonara na natikman ko" I was happy when I heard that! At least she was satisfied about the restaurant I introduced to her.  She even got to a point that she asked me "Gusto mo pa ba yung pasta? Pwedeng akin na lang?" And she even wanted to come back days after that lunch. And even uttered to me "Pag hindi tayo punta dun, luto ka na lang ng ganun lasa" Pressure is on me! Haha! She's just so adorable. 

Last but not the least on our order for that day, pizza. For every Italian cuisine experience, it can't be left out. What we always do when we order pizza is that we divide it into 2 different flavors. Magkaiba kasi kami ng gusto when it comes to pizza toppings. 

Formaggi (Mine). Four Cheese - Feta, Ricotta, Mozarella and Parmesan
Di Carne (Hers). "All-Meat" Pizza - Italian Sausage, Smoked Ham and Pepperoni

It was one of those pizzas that has a very soft and thin crust. Just the way I want it. 

Overall, it was a romantic and satisfying lunch date. No regrets that we chose Pasto. We will definitely come back to explore more on what's on their menu. And I heard their crostini's are good. Will definitely get that next time. The price of the food is reasonable for its quality. 

Pasto Branches: 

Eastwood City Walk 1 (where we went)
The Fort
Greenhills Shopping Center
El Pueblo
Paseo Center




No comments:

Post a Comment